This week is all about veggies! We have Fresh Veggies Day on June 16th and Eat Your Vegetables Day on June 17th. The majority of Americans are not eating enough vegetables, so days like these are a good reminder to make sure we are eating the daily recommended amount of vegetables (at least 3 servings). Below are a few ways you can add more vegetables into your daily routine:
- Blend vegetables, such as spinach, into your smoothies and you won’t even be able to taste them.
- Blend vegetables in with fruit to make delicious popsicles. Bonus: Kids will want to eat them too!
- Turn your vegetables into noodles for a healthy pasta swap.
- Grate up veggies and add them to sauce, muffins, etc. You won’t even know they’re there.
- Bake up some kale or thinly sliced zucchini or sweet potatoes for a healthy chip alternative.
P.S. Don’t forget to use your Nature-Kleen or Vege-Kleen on your vegetables to remove any bacteria or viruses. You can find them here.