As the holidays come up many of us tend to give in to the junk food and take more rest days than normal. That mixed with the cold weather can leave you feeling unhappy and sluggish. I have put together a few tips to keep you feeling happy and healthy all year long.
8 healthy living tips:
- Eat right. The Mediterranean diet has been proven as one of the best ways to stay healthy.
- Exercise. Just 30 minutes a day is all it takes.
- Reduce Stress. Take 10 minutes to clear your head every day. You can even do some yoga and get some exercise at the same time.
- Smile and Laugh. Both of these will instantly make you feel better without having to do anything else.
- Drink more water. Your body is mostly made of water so you’ll want to stay hydrated to feel your best.
- Get some sun. Not getting enough sun is known to cause sadness and depression.
- Sleep right. In order for your body to work properly it needs at least 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Wash your hands. Your hands pick up many germs so it is a good practice to continually wash them throughout the day.