Labor Day weekend is almost here! Labor Day marks the unofficial last day of summer, so this will be one of the last times to have a picnic or go to the beach. Enjoy this weekend; the autumn weather will be here before you know it.
In honor of the Labor Day, here are a few historical facts:
- Labor Day first became a federal holiday on June 28, 1894.
- The first Labor Day was celebrated in New York City on September 5, 1882, before it was passed into law.
- Canada was the first country to celebrate Labor Day in 1872.
- Labor Day is a celebration of the American labor movements and honors the achievements of American workers.
- The ‘No white after Labor Day’ rule comes from when the upper class would return from summer vacation and stow away their light summer clothes.
- Labor Day celebrates an estimated 155 million people in the American work force.
Aqua Sun Ozone wishes everyone a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!