Most of us think we are drinking enough water every day but that may not be true. Every person’s body is different so there is no real way to tell how much water you should be drinking. One good way to estimate how much water you should drink is take your weight, divide it in half, and drink the amount in ounces. For example, if someone weighs 120lbs they should drink 60oz of water per day. You can use a hydration calculator which will give a more accurate estimate since it takes into account how much you exercise. To make sure you stay hydrated it is good to drink water during and between each meal. It is also good to drink water before, during, and after exercising.
Here are a few reasons to drink more water:
- Some people may have decreased chances of kidney stones, urinary and colon cancer, and heart attacks.
- A person will burn more calories at rest when properly hydrated.
- People who don’t drink enough water have to think harder than those who do.
- People who drink water before each meal consume fewer calories.
- Drinking water will plump your skin, fills in fine lines and wrinkles, and brightens a dull complexion.
- People who work out while dehydrated are more likely to feel fatigued, confused, angry, depressed or tense.
So drink up. Your body is counting on it!